2017 – 2018 Council Year
- August 29, 2017 – Executive Committee Meeting CUAA Exec Comm Minutes 8 – 29 -17 Final
- September 09, 2017 – Full Council Meeting Minutes for CUAA Council Meeting 9-9-2017 FINAL
- November 8, 2017 – Executive Committee Meeting
- November 16, 2017 – Full Council Meeting Minutes for CUAA Council Meeting 11-16-17-FINAL
- December 7, 2017 – Executive Committee Meeting CUAA Exec Comm Minutes 12-07-17
- January 9, 2018 – Full Council Meeting Minutes for CUAA Council Meeting 1-9-2018
- February 27, 2018 – Full Council Meeting February 2018 Council Meeting Slides
- Minutes for CUAA Council Meeting 2-27-18 CUAA Council Meeting Attendees for 2-27-18
- April 17, 2018 – Full Council Meeting Minutes for CUAA Council Meeting 4-17-18
- May 3rd, 2018 – Executive Committee Meeting
- May 23rd, 2018 – Full Council Meeting May 2018 Council Meeting Slides
Summary of Council Meeting Minutes and Proceedings
- February 28, 2017 – Full Council Meeting
- November 17, 2016 – Full Council Meeting
- September 21, 2016 – Full Council Meeting and Orientation
2015-2016 Council Year
- June 21, 2016 – Full Council Meeting. Agenda
- April 6, 2016 – Full Council Meeting
- February 25, 2016 – Full Council Meeting
- January 28, 2016 – Full Council Meeting
- September 16, 2015 – Full Council Meeting
2014-2015 Council Year
- June 15, 2015 – Full Council Meeting
- May 14, 2015 – Full Council Meeting
- May 5, 2015 – Emergency Full Council Meeting
Resolution: The CUAA resolves to support Faculty-Student Senate’s motion:
On Tuesday April 21, 2015, the following resolution was adopted by the Faculty-Student Senate:
Whereas Jamshed Bharucha, the current President of The Cooper Union, is unable to perform his job duties and responsibilities at the present time,
Be it resolved that the Faculty-Student Senate requests the appointment of an Interim President as soon as possible.
We, therefore, appeal to you for swift and decisive intervention to save Cooper Union and restore Peter Cooper’s mission of free education based on the school charter, adopted by the New York State Legislature in 1859.
- March 18, 2015 – Full Council Meeting
- February 5, 2015 – Full Council Meeting
Motion: A motion was made and passed by a 21-1 vote at the February CUAA Council meeting to pursue tax-exempt status
- December 17, 2014 – Full Council Meeting
- November 6, 2014 – Full Council Meeting
- September 30, 2014 – Full Council Meeting
- August 6, 2014 – Emergency Full Council Meeting
Statement and Resolution Passed:
The CUAA Council is committed to a return to free tuition for all students, and encourages efforts to defend the Charter, founding documents, founding principles, and the historic Mission of The Cooper Union which states that “The College admits undergraduates solely on merit and awards full scholarships to all enrolled students.”
To this end, the CUAA affirms its commitment to provide current, relevant, crucial, and accurate information related to The Cooper Union, in an effort to foster an informed alumni body. Furthermore, we unequivocally respect and defend each individual’s right to engage in and support efforts to defend the historic Mission of The Cooper Union as they see fit.”
Whereas the Alumni Council passed a resolution on July 24, 2013 “to form a committee headed by Council member Sangamithra Iyer (CE’99), with participation of alumni trustees, to study the Associates of The Cooper Union to make a recommendation to the Council for vote at the September Council meeting.”
Whereas the Ad-Hoc committee explored the potential benefits the formation of the Associates of Cooper Union could bring, which include:
* Broadening Cooper Union’s engagement with and impact on the wider community,
* Aiding in fundraising and expanding our donor base outside the Cooper Community,
* Enhancing governance by providing a mechanism for dialogue between the Community and BoT and providing checks & balances on the activities of the BoT.
* Completing an unfulfilled mandate in the Cooper Union’s Charter.
* Defending and preserving the Mission of Cooper Union
Whereas on September 17, 2013, the Ad-Hoc Committee presented recommendations and a process for the the creation of the Associates of Cooper Union to the Alumni Council.
We the Alumni Council resolve to support the formation of the Society of the Associates of Cooper Union as called for in the Charter and Deed of Trust of The Cooper Union. We would like the Board of Trustees to partner with a stakeholder committee of alumni, full and part time faculty, staff, and students to form the Associates in a constructive spirit of cooperation. Once formed, the Associates will adopt its own bylaws, and invite other individuals and organizations whose activities support or are otherwise aligned with the Mission of The Cooper Union.
- June 11, 2014 — Full Council Meeting
- May 5, 2014 — Full Council Meeting
- March 3, 2014 — Full Council and General Membership Meeting
- February 2, 2014 — Full Council Meeting
- January 20, 2014 — Emergency Closed Council Session.
The Cooper Union Alumni Association resolves that The Cooper Union Board of Trustees affirm in a public statement that, “In recognition that the tuition-free model at Cooper Union has long been one of the institution’s defining characteristics; and inasmuch as it has also been of significant importance to the institution’s status as a premier educational institution, to the institution’s success in attracting excellent students, to the institution’s mission of preserving a meritocracy, and to past fundraising efforts; therefore, The Cooper Union Board of Trustees affirms its commitment to working toward a restoration of the full scholarship for all students, no matter how long that may take.
The Cooper Union Alumni Association resolves that The Cooper Union Board of Trustees partner with The Cooper Union Alumni Association, and the rest of the Cooper community, in determining the Mission of the Cooper Union.”