CUAA Special Election 2015 for Alumni Trustees
School of Art 1989
New York NY
Current Position, Organization:
Independent film director and producer.
Chairman of a Chicago-based philanthropic organization.
Live multimedia benefit event producer.
1) I am passionate about returning Cooper to a sustainable, tuition-free for all, policy.
2) I currently live – and have lived continuously for 30 years in the East Village, since I moved to New York to attend Cooper in 1985. The Cooper campus is my home, and impacts my neighborhood.
3) I am well acquainted with the history of the previous board, and how we got to where we are today. I meet regularly with members of Cooper’s faculty to discuss the state of Cooper Union.
4) I am an active member of the New York artistic community
5) I am the Chairman of a philanthropic organization that provides support and funding for a variety of arts, education, environmental, and community-based programs, especially on the South Side of Chicago.